The Reposado by Porfidio
‘Reposado’ is by definition a hybrid ageing form particular and exclusive to spirits produced in Hispanic countries.
It is hybrid by nature of the fact that any Reposado spirit in any spirits category is actually “incompletely” aged for only a few months. This is done deliberately and by full intent, as such short ageing imbues a white spirit with a slight wood aroma. However, the spirit is still dominated by the raw material aroma prevalent in white, unaged spirits (in our case, blue agave). Consequently, ‘Reposado’ is neither a true white spirit nor a truly aged spirit, but a hybrid form of these two.‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is fundamentally aligned with this approach, but slightly accommodates the taste to a less ethnically oriented market. This is achieved by ageing ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ for eight months instead of the customary two months; hence it is labelled as Reposado “Extra”. All other product characteristics are identical to ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’.
PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION POINTS:
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is made from 100% Blue Agave, not simply 100% Agave.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is made only from first-growth blue agave from the geographically delimited Jalisco region in Mexico. Super-Jalisco has half the methanol content of the industry average for 100% reposado tequilas, as it is produced via enzymatic hydrolysis, not heat hydrolysis.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is distilled with state-of-the-art German Hollstein Alembic equipment.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is classified as Reposado, but labeled as ‘Reposado Extra’ to highlight the 8 months vs. 2 months element.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is aged in virgin oak barrels, not in previously used barrels.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is continuously aged in hand-toasted virgin oak barrels throughout the entire ageing period.
- ‘The Reposado by Porfidio’ is ocean-matured, in a Tour-Du-Monde.
- The Result: What many believe to be the best agave based Reposado made from 100% Blue Agave. Viva El Mundo Latino!
- Finest quality, hand-made glass bottle.
- Note the detail of the red glass “fruits” on the glass cactus figurine in each cactus bottle.
- Note the detail of the metallic sparkle effect on the label in red color.
- Note the detail of the finest quality, hi-tech, natural-identical-synthetic cork, instead of an ordinary cork.
- Note that each carton box, nicknamed the “Red Case”, is varnished.