"HIGH SPIRITS RUN DEEP IN OUR VEINS"
The Añejo by Porfidio
The Añejo aims to provide a slightly more price-sensitive alternative to ‘The Original by Porfidio’ with two minor
adjustments. Firstly, it is aged for a shorter time period (Anejo instead of Anejo Extra) and, secondly, it
is bottled in the standard Porfidio cactus bottle. All other factors are identical. Like ‘The Original’, ‘The
Anejo by Porfidio’ is produced via enzymatic hydrolysis, not heat hydrolysis, which translates into less
than half the methanol content when compared to today’s 100% agave tequilas.
PRODUCT DIFFERENTIATION POINTS:
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is made from 100% Blue Agave, not simply 100% Agave.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is made only from first-growth blue agave from the geographically delimited Jalisco region in Mexico. Super-Jalisco has half the methanol content of the industry average for 100% anejo tequilas, as it is produced via enzymatic hydrolysis, not heat hydrolysis.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is distilled with state-of-the-art German Hollstein Alembic equipment.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is classified as Anejo.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is aged in virgin oak barrels, not in previously used barrels.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is continuously aged in hand-toasted virgin oak barrels throughout the entire ageing period, not simply processed
with a virgin oak barrel finish.
- ‘The Anejo by Porfidio’ is partially ocean-matured, in a Tour-Du-Monde.
- Finest quality, hand-made glass bottle.
- Note the detail of the red glass “fruits” on the glass cactus figurine in each cactus bottle.
- Note the detail of the metallic sparkle effect on the label in gold.
- Note the detail of the finest quality, hi-tech, natural-identical-synthetic cork, instead of an ordinary cork.
- Note that each carton box, nicknamed the ‘Yellow Case’, is varnished.